Gomoku Game at the space

Hey, curious, are you a go player? Asking based on your username.

Absolutely, and that’s where the handle came from. Been forever since I had someone to play with. Unfortunately too many sites just didn’t have good spirits for online play, so I haven’t gotten to play much in recent years. Been planning a nice board to make in the woodshop

1 Like

Wait that’s still a thing around here? My board has been getting dusty because no one I know plays it. I think i was last ranked 4-d while nearly holding my own on our team’s 5-p. But that was half a life time ago.

Never been officially ranked, and I am waaaaaaaaaay out of practice.

I have never played Go seriously, but spent a lot of time with its step brother, Pente.

1 Like

I now think I will bring my stones and travel board to the space tonight; we’ll see if I can get a game or two going.

1 Like

So, one of the guys who invented Pente co-owns a chain of pizzerias in Oklahoma. The restaurant is named The Hideaway, and they have board games (including Pente) that people can grab to play with while the food is being prepared.

2 Likes

I have an interview at the space later today so I’ll be there for a quick game before I have to catch up with the gf