Glazes -- add this to Ceramics 100

I’ve been working on using up some of the glazes in the “Use These First” bin. The first time I found a mismatched lid, it didn’t concern me much because the lid said Obsidian. The Celadon line is fritted, and doesn’t do any fun chemistry at glaze temps. This one though – I’ve got an Ancient Jasper lid on a Chun Plum. Both of these glazes are in the PC line, so whoever mixed these lids up has contaminated both this jar of Chum Plum, and the jar of Ancient Jasper.

So – @Team_Ceramics – we need to point out to folks the importance of putting the lids back on the right jars. Everybody that’s teaching glazing should make a point about this.

That said, it’s probably somebody who doesn’t read Talk, and doesn’t interact with the Ceramics group much…

1 Like

We can also go through and write the glaze name on the lids so if folks have multiple glazes open, it’ll be easier to keep track.

I volunteer someone with small+neat handwriting, :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

That is what we do here at home. :+1:

2 Likes

I would be happy to help write glaze names on lids if assistance is needed.

2 Likes

We should probably all devote a minute or two to write the glaze names on the lids. There are quite a few up there already.

I would be happy to help with this, too. I teach, therefore, I print. :wink:

1 Like