GlassWorks Committee Meeting Tonight (01/24/2019) Canceled

Sorry to cancel again team, I have developed a chest cold and I am heading home to bed as soon as I can wrap up at work. At this late date lets pick up at our next regular scheduled meeting. Here are a few notes:

Since the expansion meeting was canceled I do not have any update on that. Hopefully they will reschedule soon.

As soon as I can hook up with a purchasing agent I plan to purchase a new Taurus ring saw so I can get GlassWorks 101 equipment class back on the calendar . I am sure the other one can be fixed, and I believe once we have space 2 - 3 ring saws will be needed. They are under 500.00, but I do like to keep the committee up to date on all decisions.

The testing on the big kiln is going well, I would like to get a couple more firing under my belt to know how this kiln reacts. I have a few concerns on the preset temps they are way to high, so I question why ? a few test fires will get my questions answered. Next text is bottles. Unfortunately I will have to change tomorrow test date due to being sick. I am planning on doing glass project classes next month.
We defiantly need a lid counter weight, The kiln is a safety hazard without one. Also the kiln needs to be lowered WAY down. My though is to take it off the table when we get the space, and on to 1 row of center blocks. This should put it at the correct height. simply taking the wheels off the table will not lower it enough. Also, who puts a kiln on a wooden table? I see that as a possible hazard.

Look for Jeannie Harwell wire wrapping class to populate on the calendar soon. She is an amazing artist! I can’t wait to take this class myself.

I would like to plan a trip to Thin films in Austin next month to tour their facility. I will set a meeting for this soon to has out the details.

Please message me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you
Anita Willis

6 Likes

Get well soon…

Take care, sounds like a lot of good stuff coming. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Just got out of the doctors office I have the flu. I’ll be home for at least 5-7 days :t_rex::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

Oh no, take care of yourself

I am glad I got my shot this year