GlassWorks Committee Meeting noted 5/20/2019

GlassWorks Committee meeting
5/20/2019
6:30 to 7:30 PM

6 in attendance

The Chair vote was taken by a hand raise for GlassWorks Chair, the only candidate was Anita Willis.
It was unanimous win. It was announced there will be 2 vice chairs, April Burk and John Gorman. Their rolls will be defined at the next meeting.

An update was given on the current cabinet order and the delays that have occurred in the last month. Stan Simmons was supposed to place the order yesterday. The delivery time is 3-5 days.

Anita will post on talk when the cabinets deliver to seek volunteers to assemble them, and to finish moving all GlassWorks items out of the Ceramic dept. Please keep an eye on Talk if you can assist.

A discussion for more information was held on ventilation for the Lamping area. This was to help define what will be needed if we should change over to oxygen and gas tanks for Lamping. Since we do not have an update from the expansion committee about kilns possible move, the discussion on Lamping was tabled since this will affect the floor plan if the kilns are moved.

It was discussed and agreed since the Dept is not fully moved in/ fully functional yet, a cart would be purchased to help Jennifer Goss. This will assist her with temporarily moving Stained Glass supplies back and forth for classes. This way she can get some Stained Glass classes on the calendar. Once Stain Glass items have been given a permanent home the cart would then be for general committee use.

We finished the meeting doing a walk thru the new space discussing possible placement for Lamping and the Stained Glass furniture.

2 Likes

Maybe a kaiser roll? Or a nice whole wheat roll…

1 Like

Does the committee/space have a strip cutter? I’ve got a bunch of scrap glass that could be good fodder for a fusing class if we do

We have a Morton board out, but the parts are not with it. My hope is that they are just scrambled in the cabinet in ceramics. As soon as we move our stuff out of ceramics I hope to pine some of the pieces.

1 Like

Thanks! At some point if we are both around I’d love to get a rundown of the new area. I have some workshop curriculums for kiln carving, soldered pendants, decorative soldering for Tiffany glass, a fused glass painting one, an etched dichroic, and could do lead channel classes if the equipment is there.

1 Like