Glassworks Committee Meeting 10/06/21 7:00pm

We have a glassworks meeting today at 7pm

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17230

To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/hcd-nsqs-tcj
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 252-665-6568 and enter this PIN: 880 848 688#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/hcd-nsqs-tcj?hs=5

I scheduled this one to get one on the calendar and didnt think about the chair elections, so there will probably be another in 2 weeks just to cover the 14 day lead up required for that, if theres anything super serious that comes up on the agenda we can push those topics to the voting meeting and vote on them then.

post is now a wiki post so anyone can add to the agenda

------Agenda Items------
-purchase accessory kit for ring saw

-discuss getting gasses into lampworking area for better torches

-decide on system of payment for stained glass use, and other consumables

-create a wishlist of tools and items for the area

3 Likes

I won’t be able to make this one, as I accidentally booked a class against it.

Um – what happened to the bottles?

the full wine bottles? they were supposed to be trashed and shouldn’t have been sitting in the space. if we need bottles I can ask for some from family in the wine business, but glass won’t be storing a bunch of full or uncleaned drink bottles in the future

Ah. I didn’t realize that any of them were full. It has been handy in the past to have a supply of bottles for the bottle slumping classes.

We have the ring saw assesories in one of the drawers. Under the saws in a zip lock bag. They were there Saturday while I was doing training.
There are some great YouTube videos on how to use them.

Our Q code thing works great for payments. I’ve used it several times for glass firing donations. All the flyers have disappeared.

Hi Pearce,

I will be there.

Will you be going through the tools in the area before the meeting? If not, I can drive down earlier so that I may take a look.

Anita is correct, as of Saturday when she took myself and another individual through training, there were accessories for the Taurus already. So purchase may not be necessary, but can look to confirm.

If anyone wants to teach me quickly/again on glass bottles and slumping or even flat, I’m happy to help with this and offer classes in near future. Pending my vaccine booster but a few weeks after that I will feel a bit more comfortable hosting classes.

I’m hoping to help with stained glass classes in near future, but need a bit more time to work on soldering for myself before I feel comfortable offering to do that.

Kiln use is really to much to get into 1 class.

I think we probably need a couple more pairs of running pliers. There was only one pair in the tool drawer in the microwave cart last class I gave.

such plier. much running.

1 Like

Ah. Moved away from previous location.

these were locked away in the cabinet on the left side

1 Like

great meeting tonight, loved the ideas of making simple calculations for payment for use of already-here-materials that WANT, dare I say, NEED to be turned into art

1 Like

Hello, I am still out of town. Have meeting notes been completed?

not yet no

Light tablets we used for enamel and Enamels class. I could only find 1 do you know what happened to them? We had 5-6 of them
?

under one of the tables still in boxes

Picture ,

I found them

We need some of this USB wall plugs. I forgot to bring mine for class. I had one in the car so I. Would show the students how they work.
Interactive room use to have extension cords with USB plugins but those have been gone while.