Glass & Metal melting equipment free if you haul it away

Yep, Iowa State. Gaffers Guild. I graduated in '83 and blew glass from '82-'86 when I moved down here. It only cost $25 per semester. I paid $100/hour for a few hours of studio time 5-6 years ago to see if I could still do it. Piece on the left is from 1983, the one on the right is the last piece I made at Brad Abrams studio, not positive of spelling.
I live in Coppell.

1 Like

Mike we met many years ago, I think I came by and saw your pot furnace, are you still blowing glass? Oops, now I see that you are the one offering the equipment, I think you had a tiny crucible furnace and I don’t remember much beyond that. I work a few miles from the makerspace, I’m on vacation with my daughters in town next week and have a ton of schoolwork I need to finish but if you are there let me know and I’ll stop by if I am free. Otherwise any lunch hour would work after thanksgiving.

No I am not. I haven’t been able to stand beyond 20 minutes or half an hour for several years nor to work as many hours in the day as R. needed to get the furnace and Glass functional. Which is why I’m getting rid of the equipment. I should’ve actually done this several years ago and I did talk to people who are blowing glass and asking if they knew someone who might want the equipment and got no feedback. So I crafted the posting expecting I would get few responses and put off doing it. Thus irony strikes by my being overwhelmed with responses from “I’ll take it all for the metal” to “We can add it to our training program”. One guy is being Trumpian saying he can take it all he doesn’t I don’t have to do the effort of contacting people want me to jumping off the list not of mentioned that he’s going to use it intact then came back and stated that he would pay me money $50 or $100 into postings. That’s not the way I work.
And the first few people pooped out without telling me they were doing it including my waiting on the porch for a guy to show up.
Mike