Glass fabrication question

Hello from a non-glass worker.

I have a question.
I have a low end food dehydrator that I knew would have no support after purchase.
It works very well for what I need.
A few days ago, the glass front panel popped off, bounced across the floor and came rest without cracking or chipping. The glass measures 16 19/32” x 13 21/32”. The glass is .157” thick. The opening that it sat in is now 16 15/32” x 13 20/32”. The plastic door holding the glass in place clearly has shrunk in size. The door functions otherwise.

My options appear to be to fabricate a new door or cut the glass to size. I have food grade silicone adhesive/filler made for this application. Decorative clamps will reinforce the adhesive.
I am capable of making a new door (tedious) but what would you recommend?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Jim

Looks like it was adhered along the inside edge, right before the clear starts, and probably sat on top of the plastic instead of inside of it (I could be wrong since it’s just one picture). It’s probably tempered, so cutting is out unless you want to try removing the temper, but given the black finish we probably wouldn’t want to do that in our kilns. I would just re-adhere it to the door and call it a day.

If you do need to have it inside the plastic, then it’s either making a new door, or somehow modifying this one to get the glass to fit (maybe heat and bend? Could be it warped instead of shrunk)

Sadly, it is impossible to reinsert the glass into the door. The glass absolutely sat inside the door frame. The opening is too small now. The door shrank, popping out the glass. The adhesive was at the innermost aspect of the door door frame, not the periphery. (Fotos of the glass with adhesive if needed). Can the glass be cut to size on a glass “table saw” without being annealed?
Thank You!
Jim

You would have to anneal the glass before cutting it. Otherwise it will shatter into thousands of shards typical of tempered glass. Then you are left with ordinary glass again unless you re-temper it.

Ah, now I understand…
Looks like I need to work on plan B.
Thanks!
best,
Jim