Glass Art at DMS!

I didn’t know that. Glad I didn’t buy any yet! Any websites or YouTube videos or books you recommend for a newb?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Glass-Fusing-Skills-Started/dp/0811709884/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511289501&sr=1-2&keywords=glass+fusion

4 Likes

These are beautiful, awesome job! I’ve been trying out lampwork bead making, but definitely want to give this type of thing a go.

2 Likes

You know I want to learn this :smile:

I just saw Lampwork the other day when @ladysandry was playing with it. Very cool stuff.

Thank you @Kathryn_Bredderman for taking this on.

5 Likes

I have a huge weakness for dicloric glass

2 Likes

I’ve got skillset with teaching fusing and stained glass. Limited availability right now though. Day job doesn’t let us out of our cages too often :joy:…but happy to advise and do some classes later in the year

I did a little networking for us though and am trying to get a donation in so we can get reasonably cheap classes on board

3 Likes

For those with a scientific bent wanting to make glass:

1 Like

I’m very much interested in learning lampwork and other glass arts. From plate/stained glass to beads or sculptures.

Just an update a dichroic supplier in Austin is setting up a public education institution account so we can get it at cost.

5 Likes

just discovered this, wondering if any classes will be held anytime soon or in the near future

The fired arts area is being redone and I would expect the glass art classes
to follow the redo

Right now we dont really have mush teaching room in the committee area

Keep your eye on Talk and the calendar come January for our new glass classes! We have instructors almost ready for glass slumping and lampworking (beadmaking), both of which will be excellent for beginners.

2 Likes

Since there isn’t a Glass category, and there isn’t a Fired Arts category, in what category will they be listed? Ceramics? Thanks.

1 Like

On my ever growing list is a note to see how difficult it is to add a glass tag. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think if you just submit an Issue, and tag @StanSimmons, he will likely do it for you.

3 Likes

I’ve added “Glass Works” and updated “Ceramics” to “Ceramics/Fired Arts”

7 Likes

I get most of mine at Hobby Lobby!!! I’ve ordered online just for variety, but i think it’s actually more expensive! Keep me posted if you find any new vendors! I buy my beads online at:
https://www.wholesalersusainc.com/decorative-crafts/glass-gems.html
Michaels is decent, but on some of their glass beads, the color is painted on and comes off when i used epoxy remover products to clean the glue off the glass.

1 Like

Awesome…LOL my day job, the same!! When i joined up with DMS, i was able to WFH…and would go up there and work. Now they have me coming into the office…severely affects my creative life ;-P…need to figure out how to retire early lol!

Oh my gosh!!! Thanks for these links!!! So inspiring :-D!