Getting signed off on the Jewelry Casting Equipment

There are no classes coming up anytime soon for using any of the equipment for doing casting. I’m looking at getting approved for the vacuum table and the kilns as I’m just needing to make the molds. Is there someone who is approved for training willing to help me get signed off on it?

I’m only available on weekends as I’m rather far away from DMS otherwise I would try to meet up with someone in the evening.

We had an equipment failure with Ol’Blue (the casting machine) last time we cast and that caused some disruptions. We wanted to vet out that Ol’ Blue was working properly. It seems it should be ok now and hope we can get another lab up on the calendar soon.

In the meantime, you can check out this detailed post from Marlow about casting here at DMS. We have moved away from the J2R to individual smaller flasks, but this otherwise covers it.

1 Like

What kind of molds are you talking about?

I’m doing 3D printed molds, I already have a 3D resin printer, casting resin, as well as the casting investment. All I’m needing it to be able to cover the 3D print in investment and then burn out the mold.

1 Like