Getting into AI on vinyl computer

Are there new steps to getting into Illustrator on the vinyl PC? I’m getting this error using my dms email.

Sorry for the late response, I’m not sure how i missed it!

Which pc are you calling the vinyl computer? The one closest to the door that is hooked up to the titan cutter? Or the one with dual screens at the back of the room?

The vinyl computer closest to the door does not have the adobe suite installed. But the dual screen computer does. If this is having issues i can take a look at it this weekend!

What other computers have Adobe installed? I know there is one in the Photo Studio, but would like to know which others are available if these two are in use. Is there a list anywhere?

All of the computers and digital media should have the full set installed.

Yeah, but you need to sign in to adobe with your Makerspace email, then it asks if it’s personal or institutional… Then it sends a code to your DMS email.

And you can’t tell which is which, and you can’t tell if it’s giving your account a 30 day free trial or just letting you in.

I attempted this yesterday. Photoshop worked but then Lightroom didn’t.

We need to document the userpath and post it.

I’ve had the same issues with the DMS login to Adobe. And I believe there have been previous threads about this issue since Adobe switched to requiring separate logins from every user. I personally would vote to consider dumping Adobe CC altogether if a resolution isn’t worked out.

I think Digital Media and CA both have serious use cases for it. I don’t know how many licenses we have, or if it is still per computer or user… Etc.

I think I’m the short term, we just need to figure out the correct user path and document it.

Additionally- Idk if Makerspace members can get discounted adobe licenses of their own using their DMS email. I know that was the case for ppl with university student/employee email addresses… But universities are on a whole different level than DMS.

We have plenty of computer licenses to install it with, and then all the members should be able to log in with their account with no problem.

The biggest issues that Adobe is constantly changing their enterprise linking feature that we use for the accounts, and it randomly will break with no warning.

Afaik, DMS members do not get a discount for their own subscription through the space.

That is a big should.
I just attempted to log into it two days ago, it took me three tries and I’m still not sure that I did it right.

It would not let me log on under an Enterprise account at all with my Makerspace email, it would only let me log on as personal, and then it would only let me launch Photoshop, not Lightroom.

I just think it’s worth a few of us sitting down and really trying to log into make sure what the correct user path is.

And then the next time somebody says they can’t log in with that path, we’ll have to do it again, because Adobe will have changed it again. There’s not a lot else we can do aside from just giving up on it entirely.