Getting checked out/certified on the sewing machines

Hello!

I was wondering what the formal process to get checked out on the sewing machines (and possibly the Babylock, but that’s not as essential) is. I’ve been keeping an eyes out on the schedule, and nothing close to it seems to be available. I’m looking to work on a few copslay projects (so there’s no rush) but having the space to do so would be… just the absolute best.

Thanks in advance!

John Norine, Jr.

Monday, 9/24 7pm. Will that work? It’s currently in the 3-day limbo-land, so it should pop up in the next day or two.

3 Likes

Sadly, no. My “work” schedule has me busy afternoons and evenings during the week.

I’ll just keep on keeping my eyes open, maybe something’ll pop up on a weekend.

Thank you so much.

When are you available?

Generally weekends and weekday mornings.

PM me the next time you drop by, and we can just do it. You already know how to sew, right? I’m mostly here afternoons and evenings, all days of the week.

1 Like

Do you already know how to use some other brand of embroidery machine?

Hi John,

I’m usually at the space a random times, let me know the next time you’ll be there in PM and I’ll check you out on the sewing machines.

What a great, supportive series of responses. You are all amazing

5 Likes

Hello, trying to sign up for #howlingartists doggie bandana class tomorrow, for some reason the pre-requisite doesn’t seem to be logged online, but did take Beth’s sowing class a couple of years ago, and have sowing experience. Who do I need to bug to get me and Sofia registered? Thank you, Anette

1 Like

Come anyway I will see what we can do

1 Like

I will teach it even if is not an official class
If needed I will take a hand written roll and turn it in

I never make folks have learned the machine before. I always teach it as the beginning. Your class isn’t complicated – you could do the sewing too. Mind you, it’s already too late to change the class. But next time… don’t do the prereq.

@StanSimmons – could you give Anette the Sewing Machine permission? Sofia is probably too young to be set up…

2 Likes

Now I know to make sure that is isnt listed a pre req

I have some other simple classes planned also

1 Like

This sort of explains why I don t have anyone signed up for it

1 Like

Done. :blankspace:

3 Likes

Thanks, a lot

I will be there and will teach it anyway

I am just seeing this post and the sewing class on the calendar for next Monday but noticed it is full. Any sewing classes coming again in the future by chance?

Yes. I’m working on figuring out my schedule at the moment.