Get ready for 10x10 show

They don’t even have to use the board. The board is just intended as a convenience. One year I made a 10" x 10" quilt. People have done metal, clay. turnings, sculpture, musical things, things that light up … an amazing amount of diversity.

1 Like

Do you remember how much wood you bought in the past and/or where? And/or specifically what you bought? We measured (the thickness) of one of the pieces that is on the CA column, and it appears to be 1/2" thick plywood. Not Baltic Birch, but pretty nice plywood.

In keeping with what “represents me as a maker” - I just want to know if I can make mine 0.833" x 0.833" … seems appropriate.

1 Like

I believe we bought 3-4 sheets of 3/4" Baltic birch from…hmmmmmmm…I can’t remember the name @AlexRhodes the main office guy is Australian and “came here to chase a lady and stayed ever since”. It’s over kinda off Harry Hines…hardwoodddddd??? Something right on the top of my head. Has pretty lousy hours for someone who works from what I remember.
The price was around $160 or so and we came up with 100 10x10 squares.
Did Allen go with me to pick it up? I think it was him. Ask him if he’s around.

1 Like

One year we bought 1/2 and the other we bought 3/4. I don’t think many thought it mattered.

1 Like

Yes. You have to somehow suspend it kn a 10x10 square so it doesnt get lost though.

1 Like

Not that my opinion matters, but 1/2" ought to be plenty sturdy, and I’m sure it’s a fair bit cheaper than 3/4".

Just my one cent worth …

And clearly not my decision.

2 Likes

might I also suggest that the common area should get some. I know the walls will be getting a make-over but between now and then perhaps a little art to feed the soul.
Cheers!

3 Likes

we did buy Baltic Birch from Central Hardwood. We can get it from Dakota or wherever. The price fluctuates with the market so it can be anywhere from ~$50 a sheet to ~$65 a sheet. If we order $300 worth of wood they will deliver it for free so if you coordinate it with another order that might be an option.

1 Like

will they cut it for us to speed up the process?

1 Like