Gear cutting demonstration 7-22-23

Hey yall,
Tomorrow I intend on doing a gear cutting demonstration starting about noon on the Bridgeport in Machine shop. All are welcome to come watch & participate as long as you have closed toed shoes & safety glasses. Some folks have expressed interest in seeing it in person, so I figured I’d throw it out there. I do intend on doing this again with a little bit more notice.

@Team_Machine_Shop

9 Likes

Here are a few pictures of the demonstration. For @davdstanton, @jphelps, @ozindfw & Jackie. You all did just fine as we had all 37 teeth were they were supposed to be.
Results of the scratch pass.

I’ll post a video later.

10 Likes

And that is what makes Tim bad ass!

While we have a bunch of people that will talk about how they’ve seen a video, others will talk about how they’ve been in the industry and done it for a living, others will tell you you’re doing it wrong, and others will tell you that the tool can’t hold tight enough tolerances……Tim is there building stuff. Thanks for being chair, fixing stuff, and BEING the maker we should aspire to be.

@TBJK did you do the key ways there too?

6 Likes

This was a fun and education hand-on demonstration and much appreciated. Thanks Tim!

That is so cool.

Awesome work but that’s too many teeth. We need like… 7 teeth, #35 chain, I’ll pick it up on Thursday.

Walter would be proud -