Gauging interest in possible jewelry classes

I would like to see if folks are interested in the following jewelry classes

I am looking at Thurs nights, since it is currently a unclaimed night in jewelry

Rolling mill, How to use it to pattern copper sheet and how to make half round wire

Texturing sheet metal with hammers and other things

Foldforming

Chaos wrap for pendents

'Bramble necklaces

using Cookie Tins for Jewelry

I will post pictures of several of these later, my computer is aru\uing with me
right now

3 Likes

I would like to learn how to emboss.

Interested…

Cookie Tin

Bramble Necklace

Texture & Patina

1 Like

Chaos wraps

]

3 Likes

You do realize that Thursday night is largely unused because you and your bad hearing will be teaching during the tours.

I know that is a problem, but Ann has Mon night, and someone else has Wed night
Joseph has the weekend, so it is either Thurs, tues or Fri, and I didn t want
to go up against the big fiber group, Maybe I should just try a Thurs and se
how it works before committing to it

1 Like

(Re tues opposite fiber)
To my knowledge, I don’t know of tons of cross-over with my fiber folks doing both fiber and jewelry other than the random class. I don’t think it’s a big conflict at all.

We have two people that do jewelry, but they come to what interests them, sometimes fiber, sometimes other stuff. I encourage cross-pollination. There’s cool related tie-ins we can manufacture with most departments and suggest flimsy excuses for projects elsewhere when possible :stuck_out_tongue:

The way I look at it, folks will go to what attracts them. Let the chips fall where they may. It all benefits DMS in the end to have good quality classes, nice variety, and another thing that helps makers grow and use the great tools we have.

If we overthink dodging every possible conflict, keeping everyone happy, nothing could ever get scheduled. I say go for what works for your schedule. Thanks for the consideration on thinking about that, but I don’t think it will have much impact with either hurting fiber or cutting down on your students.

Re thurs nights
I think there are both pluses and minuses to class on thurs. Activity in the department for tours to see, but also more interruption/distraction.

Another idea since there are several open nights, mix it up, scatter the nights, which might help folks that could come only certain nights. See where the best nights fall. I think individual classes can benefit from this.

Main reason I started doing fibers on Tuesdays was 1) my schedule 2) tues seemed regularly free in ca 3) and because of the slow-build nature of fiber skills, we needed to give core repeat folks a predictable night.

If I’d just been doing random standalone classes, I’d have probably done it on all sorts of nights for various folks’ schedules

3 Likes

Also interested in chaos wrap.

1 Like

I will be submitting several classes this week, Rolling mill+,textured metal_
chaos wrap and fold formed pea pod pendent

Let me know when the chaos wrap class is, please.
Thanks
Linda Dallas