Garage sale find

in a box of drill and router bits

5 Likes

What does the REX mean??

just asking because I do not know and it isnā€™t obviousā€¦

Looks like a special tool steel:

http://www.matweb.com/search/datasheettext.aspx?matguid=aa414c2e60a3474888f099742905d15b

https://www.crucible.com/eselector/prodbyapp/highspeed/rex95.html

Here is what I found on them

REX 95 (T8), is a tungsten-vanadium-cobalt high speed steel developed to meet the requirements for a tool bit combining high red hardness, superior abrasion resistance but with slightly less toughness than REX AA or the molybdenum types.

1 Like

Thanks Frank & Mike!

1 Like

I need to go to garage sales.

Estate sales rock :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jphelps - estate sales can be a wealth of treasures!

www.estatesales.net is where I get my ā€˜fixā€™

I am sure there are othersā€¦

2 Likes

estatesales.net is where I picked up these bad boys =) Itā€™s where I get my fix too >=)

6 Likes

Maybe if the Space Shuttle is ever fixed we can do Hoarder Runs. Have a trailer behind it for the treasures found and then descend like a plague of locusts on places.

Actually, maybe rent the Cruel Bus @PearceDunlap might intimidate other buyers to leave.

7 Likes

I laughed out loud there. Such a visual!

I had my day shopping estate and garage sales. Iā€™ve been in de-aquisition mode the last few years, but Iā€™ve definitely had my day. Itā€™s one of the reasons I joined DMS. Hoarding isnā€™t hoarding if itā€™s collective hoarding, right?

1 Like

Dave,

If you find something large - let me know - I have a steel deck car trailer and a recovery winch to help loadā€¦
nothing over 5k - I donā€™t abuse my equipment.

4 Likes

Hoarding?
Thereā€™s no hoarding
Only acquisition for future projectsā€¦

3 Likes

I can picture the trailer being towed behind the Unimog, the gantry on it and vinyl decal on door: DMS Hoarder Assistance Team.

3 Likes

A collector is not a hoarder

I have a collection of vintage German tools but I do not shit in plastic bags, there are no old food containers littering my home and I can clearly see the floor (no so much of the floor in my garage though)
There is a differenceā€¦

The Unimog has a 7 ton cargo bed limit so shop wisely!

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™d call it hoarder with OCD and enough money to indulge. I envy them.

1 Like

That sounds very ā€œPCā€ Dave!

Fā€™ing neat freak hoarder with job to support his habit. Better? Probably a rebellious reaction to painting rocks white in the military and arranging them.

Iā€™ve heard it said that you spend the first half of your life collecting stuff and the last half getting rid of it, except for us hoarders of course.

3 Likes

The question is how do you know you are past half way. I might live forever.

5 Likes