Fundraiser and Social Media Campaign

I’ve been pondering a lot about this and @Team_VCC has discuss this a few times here and there. But with the current goal met and a $2500 donation being made. I’m hoping we can keep the momentum going and help build an online community around the #DallasMakes hashtag.

The campaign would target makers, gamers, cosplayers, and coders on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter aged 21-35 with a goal of getting a community to share their experience with making and short video/images of some of their projects which we can then post, if permission granted, to the DMS Blog.

We can then follow this up with live streams of AMA’s and Community project builds by DMS committees like the Strandbeest, Hack-a-thons, and things like:

2 Likes

What do you guys think? Could we do this or is there part of the idea that could be improved?

I think this is a great idea to draw traffic to our classes and possibly gain new members. We could also use it to advertise the expansion. What is your vision for the advertisement?

in general I’ve thought more about how we can jump on social media sites and stirring up traction along with going in person on colleges and what not with a webcam and talking one on one with people to get them to participate while recording their reactions about making.

Other than that I’m not sure how you mean about an advertisement?

Maybe I don’t know what a social media campaign is. I was thinking it would be a like a pop-up ad, but somehow inserted into the “suggested” feed.

ah… yeah if there’s one thing one will learn running a company for over 15 yars and working in web app development t that people hate pop ups

Now some print media that also ties to a landing page site and additional handouts would be great to help with building awareness but we need substance for engagement.

After all, a flyer without any context or meaningful conversation that a person can get invested in just as bad as a pop up.

1 Like