FS: ShopTask 17-20 XM Combo Mill/Lathe [SOLD]

Asking $1300 or best reasonable offer. I currently have it in the warehouse where I work about 1-1/2 miles south of DMS off Valley View and Senlac in Farmers Branch. Delivery available within the DFW metroplex as this is not a easy item to load or move. I have a liftgate and engine hoist to assist in moving it. You will need a very sturdy table or workbench as this thing weighs around 600 pounds.

Used ShopTask 17-20 XM combination metal lathe and milling machine. Comes with gears and tooling in photos on workbench. Has 3 and 4 jaw chuck and vice. The 4 jaw chuck looks like it has not really been used and was in the wooden box it came in. Light surface rust on one side of the 4 jaw chuck from sitting in the box. Machine is a little dirty and needs some minor repairs and adjustments but should be a good machine for a hobbyist. I bought it from the son of the original owner who used it in his home workshop until he passed. I am upgrading to a larger vertical milling machine and metal lathe soon so I need it gone to make room and raise cash for pending deal on a larger milling machine. The machine weighs around 600 pounds and runs on 120v. This machine was also offered with a CNC capable version (XMTC) and I believe it is possible to add the ability to do CNC lathe and mill work with some upgrades to the machine.

1 Like

@hon1nbo because iirc he was looking for something like this. Not sure if the tail stock diameter will work for what you were wanting to use it for.

maybe put a cover over the starting cap? :zap:

That is most of the repairs needed. The previous owner used several caps that did not fit the brackets and left them sitting wherever.

1 Like

More photos of product specs. Mine is the 17-20 XM without the CNC options installed.

It is now unloaded in the warehouse where I work about 1-1/2 miles south of DMS. Engine crane hoist available to help load.

Price drop to $1400.

I want it, don’t get me wrong. However I’m currently living in a 3rd floor one bedroom apartment… Someday lol

1 Like

It would be a nightmare even with my Escallera electric stair climbing dolly to get it moved up that many steps. If you were on the ground floor I could deliver… It takes an engine hoist to even put it on a workbench…

Price drop to $1300.

Sold this morning.

6 Likes