FS: Bullet Proof Plastic Window

Technically Bullet Resistant (up to a .44mag, level III or IIIA if I recall correctly. Don’t use this where you know you’re being shot at, it’s not warranted for that anymore because it’s coming from me)

It’s a segment I used in camera blast frames back when I did ballistic art so the camera could get up close and personal. I always put a piece of sacrificial lexan or acrylic in front of it, and since a stray projectile of a ballistic nature never ended up hitting the window I only ever lost the sacrificial covers and not the had to use the main panel. The most damage it has are very small knicks on the edges that affect only the outer layers (from getting it in and out of the metal frames that previously held it)

It is a window sized 12x7 inch, and a whopping 1.25 inches thick. Typically the stuff is framed in metal C channel for use. I’ve kept it in an old laptop bag to keep the surface in good shape so optically it’s still fantastic if someone is working on anything rather energetic.

EDIT: forgot to mention is piece was from the edge of a panel when i was making them, so on one of the long sides the layers aren’t aligned. So maybe factor out 1/8-1/4" from the measurement of 7"

$50 and it’s yours with the super fancy totally not a freebie from a trade show laptop bag.

You can cut the stuff on a table saw, but DO NOT cut it on the saw stop. The adhesive that binds the alternating layers of acrylic and poly that makes this can trigger the blade detection mechanism.

-Tails

3 Likes

Any estimate on what it weighs?

4 pounds 9 ounces (2.07 kg)

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Ballistic Art Discussion