FS: APC Network Air 4000 spot cooler air conditioner $750 OBO

Looking to get around $750 or best offer. I have a liftgate on my truck and can deliver within the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex or bring up to DMS nearly any afternoon.

I have a working APC NetworkAir ACPA4000 portable spot cooler air conditioner with low hours on the compressor. It blows cold air and works well in the few hours I have used it. It requires a 20amp rated circuit, and a drop ceiling plenum to exhaust the hot air into and a drain within about 50 feet for the condensation. The unit outputs around 13,000 btu of cooling capacity and is designed for the demands of cooling data centers, server rooms, data telecom wiring closets or any other area where supplemental or backup air conditioning is needed. It is not a cheap consumer grade spot cooler. Comes with the two flexible ducts, ceiling grid insert, power cord and a bag of tubing for the condensate drain line. The compressor has 224 hours, condenser fan has 267 hours and the fan blower has 26,346 hours (nearly 3 years to the day). It was the redundant spare unit that that saw little actual use that were pulled from a data center that was decommissioned. I got it hoping I could use it to cool my garage but the new house has no windows and has a second story above so I cannot vent into the attic or easily vent through the wall. I am needing to sell this unit to raise money to install a ductless mini-split system. If the air coming in from the intake duct from the plenum is above 95 degrees the cooling capacity goes down. One duct pulls air in from the plenum and the other exhausts the hot air after going across the condenser coils back into the plenum where it is directed away from the intake. Room air to be cooled is pulled through a filter on the lower back side of the unit and exhausted out the front grill. Network monitoring and control module is installed and included.

2 Likes

I would offer you 175 just to put it in my attic for camping trips and if the AC went out. But I don’t have a real good need for it.

Hello can you tell me is your APC unit still for sale?

Many Thanks

John

It is long gone and sold.