FS: 17-Drawer Stanley-Vidmar Cabinet [SOLD]

Asking $750 or best reasonable offer. Located in The Colony. May be able to deliver if the price is right.

I am changing things up in my home workshop and I have way too many smaller depth drawers and not enough large drawers between the dozen cabinets I have in my workshop. Just picked up a tall 5 drawer cabinet with more large depth drawers so the extra cabinet needs to go.

It is 30 inches wide, 28 inches deep, 5 foot tall, and weighs somewhere around 600 pounds. All of the drawers are very heavy duty and rated to hold hundreds of pounds each. It is lockable and has a key.

Removing all of the drawers and drawer sub frames makes it manageable to move. It does have a few dings and scratches and a few small spots of rust but for a probably 40 year old industrial tool cabinet it is in good shape. It does have some writing with marker on the drawers that I have not yet tried to remove. And the rollers need to be oiled on the drawers. I started on it but never finished.

2 Likes

Cabinet sold this morning.

1 Like

For those who maybe curious. These cabinets are modular designed. You can change a 2” deep drawer to a larger size by getting new hardware. Granted you will loose more drawers though.

2 Likes

If I had a bigger shop I would have kept it but when limited to 550 sqft you sometimes must make hard choices on what stays. Replaced it with a five drawer unit that overall is the same size. Had way too many shallow drawers and not enough deep drawers in my shop. Currently have 63 tool drawers to hold all of my tools and common supplies.

This is the cabinet that took the place of the 17 drawer cabinet.