Frustration with DMS elections

I think Luke is saying that he thinks the vote should be for the person’s capable leadership, not for their likability (popularity) nor their ideas specific to the committee in question (committee issues). This makes it an “issues based” vote only if leadership is an issue in your opinion.

Popularity, in my opinion, is (almost) never a good measure of leadership, and should be avoided in most electoral cases (though RARELY is). Leadership is (almost) always a good measure, and should weight your vote heavily. In the case in question, specifically committees @ DMS, I think it’s good for a candidate to have SOME idea what direction they are going to lead in, but ultimately, our committees are filled with very smart, creative, idea-heavy folks that need the steady hand of a good leader to guide and direct to usefulness, thus making specific goals during the campaign fairly needless. Instead, the good committee leader will assist those folks in reaching strategic goals the committee agrees upon, rather than (necessarily) originating those goals.

Luke, forgive me if I’ve wrongly interpreted or mischaracterized.

I find “social media” telling me when someone’s birthday is creepy. More properly, I find it creepy that “social media” might tell others when MY birthday is.

3 Likes

NOT Happy Birthday!

:cake:

1 Like

No that’s exactly what I was trying to say, so far I haven’t talked to a candidate that had leadership ability but no idea about the committee. Thankfully.

On phone today so typing is rough lol

3 Likes

There ya go!

3 Likes