From the heart with thanks

Dear DALLAS MAKERSPACE,

I want to thank you. This place has been a sanctuary for me in a time that was very difficult in my life. You allowed me to help build a family when my own was broken. I embraced the community and the maker concept with open arms. For that I will always be grateful. Thank you for the opportunity to make wonderful things and to get to know so many of you. I had hoped to call this home for a long time but new doors open and I will be looking at new adventures. I wish I had gotten to know all of you and your amazing stories. I have learned so very much from you and I am a richer person for it. This place has been a blessing to me. Thank you again for sharing yourselves.

Yours Truly,
Kris Anderson

15 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Sad you are leaving :cry:.

3 Likes

This makes me sad.

3 Likes

All the very best to/for you Kris…“keep on swimming.”

Thank you for all your help over the last year since I’ve been here, and thank you for your kindness and welcoming spirit. You have always been generous with your time and support.

I was planning on learning lots of other things from you, and I’m sad I won’t see you at the space.

Big hugs :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you, you always stopped and gave me some of your time when I needed it. I know you will bedazzle any place you go.

2 Likes

1 Like

This made my DAY!

What you did isn’t cool, but you’re much more than those actions. You’re a complex human being and it’s not okay to ignore the good you’ve done. It’s clear that you’ve had a positive impact on the lives of people at the space.

We’re advanced primates and simple stories are easier to understand than complex ones. I won’t forget the conversation we had in the north lobby classroom. I hope your willingness to help people continues when bitterness offers a tempting alternative.

4 Likes

I am not sure but I do not think she will get this message:

1 Like

this comes up a lot, the “1000 year ban” is not the mods being overdramatic, but poor coding on the side of discourse, thats their version of “permanent”

this thread also isnt locked behind the wall, so she can read it

was weird she chose to make a new account to post it, but it’s completely open to readers even if both her accounts are now locked.

Cool I did not know if she could still access it. So far in my opinion she should be banned, so I have no problem with the thousand year thing.

2 Likes