Frisco Library Makerspace - on demand book printing and other bits

Took Kenneth to check out the Frisco library yesterday and noticed they had an on demand book printing and binding setup in the Makerspace items. The makerspace was nicely designed but every library-ease (which isn’t a bad thing at all)

Website it really streamlined:
All the makerspace info

On demand book printing:
Trailblazers Press Info

7 Likes

They certainly have different constraints to making a mess. But I’m always impressed they often have a fume filter system instead of a vent. The Lewisville Library has their Epilog vented to the outside.

CNC Wire Bender looks super cool. Mmmmm ideas!

Ya I was asking kenneth what he would use a wire bender for and he was like “oh my god woman….everything and anything!!!”

I think libraries are a beautiful avenue for a cross section of community. Did you see the kids kits they have? They are pretty rad.

Lewisville has those kits too but are not part of The Hive. Challenge with those is maintaining the consumables or lost parts.

So does this mean you are now hurdle free to plunge into writing a book? Need more of your commentary on all things Life than the occasional snippets on Talk!

Kenneth and I started to write a children’s book once. I don’t think I’m a styled enough rider for readers to forgive my misuse of the English language.

I put together a (very) simple family cookbook for Kenneths family last year. I wasn’t happy with the way it turned out. This would have been a great option. I can see people really using this tool - and it’s inexpensive (around $10-20) to have a book made.