GONE: Free Gear S2 Classic Smartwatch - reactivation Lock

I have a free Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch for anyone up for a challenge. It has the Samsung reactivation lock engaged. I bought if for $20 from a pawn shop on the hunch I could unlock it but after 5 hrs no luck. It will come with a Gear S1 charger that you can use to flash firmware onto it - 4 contacts. I’ve reflashed stock firmware and done umpteen different things but can’t get it to unlock. You’ll need to buy the contactless Gear S2 charger (about $10 on Amazon) to charge it. It also comes with a metal link band and the extra links I took out to size it to my wrist. I’ll give you a headstart with some of the links, etc I used to get firmware and etc and the flashing tools.

I decided the cost/benefit reward wasn’t worth any additional time from me, so I just went and bought a Galaxy S3 Classic.

@bbchops @StanSimmons @Draco @denzuko @Evan_Lott @brenly @SoulfulVoid - open to anyone, but these are the folks I know

I read it here but I’m not certain
a) what is so great about the watch for me to want to wear a watch and
b) sounds like alot of work

lol, if you’re not a watch person then it is indeed a lot of work. Some folks like a challenge, and it’s a cool free toy if you’re willing to put in some time to crack it.

1 Like

Not entirely the same but it just reminded me of this … this speaks to watches in general … this one may be amazing and well worth cracking …

It is from a talk about revolution in education from Sir Ken Robertson
It is a good talk all around but I’ve positioned it to just the watch segment

The watch NAND has several partitions. If you can figure out which one has the retained state data for the lock and doesn’t get overwritten when you flash the Firmware, mount it, and change it,I think that’s what has to be done, but I lost patience.