FREE Ceramic Slip Casting Molds

I work near Plano so happy to meet at either location.

Will the current doll head mold at the space be staying at the space?

1 Like

I think once Amanda finishes her project and people see it, it may build interest in the baby head mold.

2 Likes

hopefully it comes out of the kiln intact, otherwise 3rd times the charm :slight_smile: Iā€™ve found it takes longer to dry than the other molds Iā€™ve casted

1 Like

I hope it will stay but after I donate a mold to fired arts I lose all control over what happens to it. There are just too many fun molds. If you want to make sure a particular mold stays at fired arts then try to get involved in the project, go to committee meetings, and most importantly use it - and if possible take pictures of what you make. Itā€™s so hard to figure out which molds will actually be used in advance.

On my side, Iā€™m at the storage unit trying to figure out which molds will be used the most to determine which molds to donate to fired arts and which molds to sell. My work on the project pretty much ends there. I do try to post everything that I rejected on Facebook far enough in advance to get feedback from fired arts members. Then on the fired arts side, from what I have seen people are also trying to figure out which molds will be used the most - itā€™s all about getting the maximum use for the space that we have and not have any large plaster molds sitting unused and taking up space.

I cannot wait to see what you are making with the head mold!!

1 Like

Alright, Iā€™m still trying to figure out my schedule - slammed with work after getting back from vacation - but I am sure I can meet in Plano after work sometime soon. Likely Monday or Wednesday next week. Iā€™ll let you know ASAP.

All good points, thank you. If you have one that is similar or a bit smaller than the one at the space Iā€™ll put a claim to it. If youā€™ll be at the space anytime soon that would be easiest for me to grab one, but I can look into when I might be able to get to plano if need be.

1 Like

I believe this is the smallest I have - itā€™s not technically a ā€œbaby dollā€ mold but it could look pretty scary. From memory, I think the other two heads that I found are larger than the one at DMS - one is a head and shoulders and the other one has hair. Iā€™m pretty sure I put this one in the pile of assorted baby doll parts last night but I did a lot of sorting very quickly. I can look for it if interested.

1 Like

Love it, but Iā€™m weirdā€¦

1 Like

It looks like it needs to be a lamp with the eyes cut out so they glow.

With Red LEDā€™sā€¦

1 Like

I wonder if it could be cut at the waist so it sits flat on a side table - the arms might be too long for that though. Cut small holes in the palms so it looks like the hands glowā€¦so many interesting experiments.

Baby head made it safely through, had a long pre-soak though! grin

2 Likes

I have experience mold making so anything is possible. Was thinking about reversing it so the eyes seem to follow you.

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you! I owe you, hope it didnā€™t cause you too much grief or to stay longer than you planned. See you later tonight!

1 Like

apparently_

:smiley:

2 Likes