Free - 10' satellite dish

I have a 10’ BUD (Big Ugly satellite Dish) and receivers, free to anyone who will use it for more than scrap metal. The caveat is that you have to come to Little Elm and help me dismantle it and load it onto your vehicle. It was a victim of the hail storm we had about 4-5 weeks ago, where 11 of the 16 mesh panels were damaged. However, I’m sure that replacement panels or material can be had to fix this.

I used this when I first moved here, but since then my tree has grown to the point where the signal is low. And much of the network back haul feeds are now encrypted.

This could be used as a solar collector. Or you can adapt it to your current satellite receiver and with this size of a dish you’ll like never experience rain fade again.

PM me or call/text (214.356.9019) if you want to claim this prize.

Torn panels

Dish mover

Boots not included…

4 Likes

The dish has been removed and is ready for pickup by the maker wants to make a mondo solar collector. Imagine the heat that could created if the mesh panels were replaced with lightweight & flexible, plastic mirrors.

Last call for free 10 foot satellite dish, great starting point for a solar collector/heater/??? project. If not picked up by end of week, will be put on side of road for claim by scrap metal hunter/gatherers.