Formlabs Printer Update

I know everyone is anxious to get the Formmlabs printer back, there have been problems with getting it shipped and they have been dealt with. I can say with 100% confidence (because I did it myself) that the form ;labs printer has been shipped to the warehouse and should arrive on Monday. I will not know the turnaround time till I contact them on Monday but I will post what I learn in this thread and keep the 3D fab community updated as I am.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I know I’m constantly giving you crap on here, but I really appreciate the openness and updates. We need more problems to be handled like this.

2 Likes

Is this the repaired one or another one we are buying?

This is the one for repair probably because it is leaving Dallas. Are we getting another one or was that just a discussion?

I thought we were buying a second one.

Edit: according to this ETA on Form 2 repair

We voted 2 months ago to buy a new one but it has not been purchased.

I called Formlabs today and they confirmed the printer had arrived, and they said the turn around time was about 2 weeks. They also said they would be checking it out completely and not just fixing what we said was the problem.

2 Likes

so wait, the one that has been out of commission for months never got sent to formlabs?

1 Like

Nope, we got it back form the previous char last week and it was shipped Thursday

Correction: your wrong.

3 Likes

Axie, that is incorrect, I will not get in to it here, but that is 100% incorrect. The Formlabs printer was never sent to Formlabs. If you have any questions ask a Board member, this is not the place to discus it

1 Like

No, but this is the place to drag another chair through the mud?

1 Like

No one is being dragged thru the mud,This is a thread about the Formlabs printer and the ongoing updates. If there are any questions about the state of 3d fab and its acting chaitrs I suggest you ask Kris Anderson

If anyone’s wondering why they’re talking about the previous chair being dragged through the mud, I’d point you to the edits on Max’s reply to axeonos.

1 Like

I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to start a fight. just disappointed that you know we’ve been waiting for several months for to be returned just to find out it never happened.

I am right there with you