Flooring update

It’s truly happening.

Thank you everyone.

9 Likes

That’s going to look awesome!

6 Likes

It does look awesome. These folks are doing a really great job!! It is unreal how much brighter the room is without the dark blue floor.

Edit: Oh, the darker front wall so TV’s stand out is a great idea.

4 Likes

Thanks for everyone who helped. I am already forgetting that ugly blue floor…

2 Likes

With other colored spots like it had a rash

I enjoyed that people had a chance to write on the old floor before it was covered up.

4 Likes

Progress. Floor is in. Walls 98% painted.
To Do: finish the trim, touch up paint, and put things away.

@Kriskat30 has still not called it quits.

8 Likes

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered your time to make this happen!!

@talkers … do you have any spare flooring? If we ever decide to take down the wall between Interactive and the annex we will need some flooring to fill that gap.

2 Likes

There were three or four planks left unused. I do not know where those were put.

The original idea was to cut a narrow strip to fill in a small gap along the “back” wall, but it may have been decided that was too much trouble and to use some molding instead.

I’m talking about potentially needing flooring for a strip 15 feet long (?) and 15" wide.

It seems like it would be best to buy it now while we can get flooring that still matches.

3 Likes

Would you or @Bill (or anyone else) please take a photo of Interactive with the new flooring? I’d like to use it to replace the Classrooms category photo that you see when you go to the Classrooms Talk category.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/uploads/default/original/2X/e/edd8b6491073dfbb32542d2cfa9211cb48c0ff15.jpg

(EDIT: This is obviously an old photo because the floor looks so much better in this photo than it did just prior to the replacement!)

2 Likes

Like these?

I’ll get more.

7 Likes

The room looks so good, Thanks to all those that helped on it

1 Like

This is how the room looked Sunday night.

If nobody has come up with a better one by next weekend, I’ll try to stage a better one.

9 Likes

Thanks! I’ve used this one (with a little editing) and I’m glad to replace it later if you choose. You can see what it looks like by clicking on the Classrooms Link below the “Flooring update” post title.

2 Likes

I got a fever and it needs more ping pong table in the pic

2 Likes