Flatbed scanner donation?

Is DMS interested in a large flatbed scanner donation? The model is Epson Expression 10000XL. It works as far as I know but I don’t have hands on it (coming from a friend). Maybe @Team_Creative_Arts (@uglyknees) is interested?

2 Likes

I can’t quite read the model number on it? Do you know how large it is?

Edit: Sorry, you said the model! I need to read better!

Specifications show max scan size of DIN A3 (12.2 in x 17.2 in).

Vector might would want it

To confirm, this would be a donation, not a purchase?

@uglyknees remember how I said that I’d like to get a high quality scanner for art?

Donation. It’s from a local advertising agency that’s moving.

Vector wants the scanner

Drat…well we missed it by 4minutes.

I would rather it go to CA. Also Jason isn’t the chairperson of Vector is he?

We will take it

Jayson is Vice-Chair.

Vector would use it to scan and preserve or reproduce artwork on games.

Thank you for your vote of love for Vector.

I think it would be an asset to DMS in either CA or Vector. It will need to be attached to a computer with software to handle the large A3 images that it can scan.

I’m the vice chair and I have the chairs approval. Also if you prefer that one Committee get it over another then you should have offered it to just that committee and not to the committees of DMS.

Earlier I told Jayson that I would accept the donation if it were offered to Vector. I was in the middle of demolishing a broadcast studio so I was not able to get on talk easily when he messaged me.

We often have large plastics to scan in for creating replacements and also large schematics to scan. I have one to scan right now that is 17 inches by about 7 feet long and falling apart due to age.

So it will live in CA where Vector folks can scan all they want…or am I missing something?

3 Likes

Unless Luke comes up with some other odd reason…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Avoid DMS politics. Duly noted.

1 Like

I encourage Vector to use the scanner. Teaching a class on scanning large panels would probably be very popular.

For the Vector folks, this might be of interest. It describes how to mod a cheap Canon scanner to allow scanning very large areas - on scanner sized chunk at a time - and then stitch the images into one large file.

I picked up one of the scanners noted in the article on eBay for $20 last year.

https://mpetroff.net/2013/09/scanner-modifications-to-scan-large-documents/

1 Like