Flash Dryer for Silk Screen - seeking input

I’m looking to purchase a flash dryer. I had one picked out:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IBIELI4?psc=1
But after reading some reviews online aside from amazon I decided to step back and look at different options. If anyone wants to put an opinion up please let me know.
Needs:
Compact (some even attach to the silk screen unit itself)
Moderately priced
18X18 min
Temp control

The Imprinted Sportswear Show is in Fort Worth next week. I’ll be attending Friday and Saturday, and can talk to some of the screen printing equipment providers about them. I can see if there are any good show specials, or demo units for sale.

Perfection!!! Thank you Cary Ill send you a message

Be careful with the powerful flash dryers, I set a shirt on fire at a shop by setting it too close and not moving the shirt out of the the way in time. :wink: They are cool though and they can make awesome french toast!

1 Like

Do you have any particular brands you know of that you like?

1 Like

I have no opinions on flash dryers brands,

Don’t know enough about any one brand to tell you. Why a flash dryer over a conveyor dryer? Are we trying to print color on dark garments needing a white under layer? Or are you just trying to find a way to cure the ink on the shirts?

Conveyor driers are nice because they are consistent and can handle multiple shirts at a time aka faster. Plus, they are set it and forget it. The flash dryers you have to be careful of not over curing or under curing the ink. I over cured the shirt I caught on fire. :smile: Flash dryers a made for firming a surface film on the white under coat ink aka Flash before you print color on top normally. Not saying you can’t use it to cure and flash dry, just that it isn’t the most common and can be touchy.

I would assume a conveyor dryer would take up far too much space…

1 Like

A conveyer dryer would be great - however its not a good choice for our needs. Cary is going to hopefully scout us something during the show. Thank you for all the input. Trying to find ways to make things easier and more accessible for everyone to use. It’s a tool everyone desires to know about. I have tried really hard to find instructors and have failed - so I’m trying my best to fill the gaps.

2 Likes