Fixing the lighting in mens room?

First off, thanks to the person or persons who built the stalls for the men’s room, being able to actually move in one is a wonderful feature. With only one of the lights in there working and the height of the stalls it’s really dark, does anyone know if the other fixture in there is messed up or just needs new bulbs? Even then would something akin to a tap light or a bright white led be useful on the back of the stall door or is anyone actually bothered by this? I’m neutral to it but I could some people having issues with it.

1 Like

There’s some ideas in the works. Be patient…

2 Likes

Your welcome and after being built I tested them and realised this issue. Stan and I talked about the other light being failed. What solutions are you dreaming up sir Art?

Alrighty, can do. Letters

1 Like

Paint the walls in the stalls glossy white.
LED spotlight on the throne…:laughing:
Stay tuned.

3 Likes

IMO, painting those gawd-awful eggplant-colored walls would brighten it up a lot, too.

I’m guessing that the walls in there cover about 350 square feet - 1 gallon if we’re real careful. I’m also guessing we’ll need two coats to cover the purple. Since I’m a cheapskate … maybe we can get two gallons of “mismatched paint” dirt cheap at Lowes or Sherwin Williams. The two gallons don’t have to be the same color - one coat of something light to mostly cover the purple and one coat of something else light as the top coat.

2 Likes

Can it have chasing lights to indicate the target? The Buca de Beppo in Southlake has signs that say: “Step closer, it ain’t as big as you think it is.”

1 Like

Do they have smaller toilets??

2 Likes

Can remember when it was bright lime green. Open the door and like…WOW!
We have a collection of white leds of various color temps that were donated.
Think most run on 24 vdc. Found 24 vdc ~4a pwr sply on exchange shelf.
Current idea is to mount multiple strips across the top of the divider.
Was half joking about painting. That purple is rather dark and doesn’t help.
Hmm…white brd on both sides of cntr divider (w/ dry erase markers)

1 Like

yea… the toilets… right…

1 Like