Fixer-Upper 1989 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4

lol…“Motor…is in the trunk.”. Hey, if nothing else, it’s free:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/zip/d/1989-mitsubishi-montero-4x4/6548335566.html

3 Likes

Less than 5 miles from me. How free is free though?

1 Like

Good point! If one can’t extract enough fun, learning, and eventual use out of it, then “free” is TOO expensive.

1 Like

No title free… :white_circle:

1 Like

Just needs an ls swap, and an offroad course for buckets’o’fun! and bring a trailer…

2 Likes

What do they say? As is it’ll do zero-sixty in ~3 seconds. All you need is a cliff and a push…

4 Likes

zero-sixty-zero :white_circle:

3 Likes

Oh man I just realized that’s in Craigslist/zip. If I didn’t already have 3 cars and a motorcycle (plus my roommate’s car) in the stable, I’d think about dragging that back up to the homestead.

3 Likes

No title is no problem, as long as it isn’t stolen.
Piece of cake.

1 Like

Bonded titles are cheap and easy to come by.

1 Like

I don’t go the bonded route.
I prefer a clean clear title, yes it costs a little more, and I don’t do any of the paperwork, but to each their own.

1 Like

Marshall,

I have a Volkswagen Thing for recreational fun, and the engine is already in the back where it belongs…

6 Likes

Shame it’s gone. A friend of mine had one for decades, and loved it.

I don’t know about car titles. Be wary with boats though. Different system, very tough last time I had to deal with it (about 10 years ago).

1 Like

Holy highdollar heavyweight powerplants, Batman!

1 Like

No that motor is actually pretty light weight. They put it in Tube Sock, Dirt Every Day vehicle.

1 Like

Nah, it doesn’t even include belts.

1 Like

Dafuq? Neither the engine, nor warranty service is avaialable in Texas?!?

What stupid reg made it through Austin?

1 Like

Warranty is only 90 days at that.

This would be a nice fit, but perhaps not EPA legal.
Can be bumped up to around 300 whp or more if you prefer.