First Aid Supplies

Upon further review Zee is owned by Cintas…

2 Likes

Wow, another evil empire.

Thanks for clearing it up. I would have thought it would have been common sense not to lock it up. But I figured I’d point it out.

1 Like

I finally got a call from the manager and I stressed the importance of having our stock of trauma gear supplied.

He did recommend a trauma bag which seems like a good idea that we could have on the wall and available for use with the intent of going mobile to another area of the shop.

Could use CA assistance to stitch “Call 911 if bag is used”

1 Like

I’m sure we can find a soul to get that done

1 Like

It would be even better IMHO, to have some sort of a ‘must be destroyed to take the bag’ type of thing. Whether it be a ‘wax seal’ or ‘break glass’ type of thing, a true trauma bag should be 100% stocked and ready to go as opposed to the ‘I cut myself and need to find a bandage, but it’s not real trauma’. Requiring someone to physically change the status of the kit allows anyone to see that it was opened and needs to be checked so that someone didn’t ‘borrow’ something out of the kit.

3 Likes

My only concern with a trauma bag is how many people would know what to do if an injury was bad enough to need a mobile trauma bag? I know we have some medical professionals and some other members whose professions require some trauma training but that can’t be a very large portion of our membership can it?

1 Like

@Adam_Oas

I think your right and I will look for something like fire extinguisher pull tab that is extremely easy to break.

@thatguy

Also agree but at the same time would you rather have it and not need it or need it and not have it?

My expectation in that moment if there is a situation and someone with either use it or not but first priority should be call 911.

1 Like

To follow up I asked for some of the pull tabs used on fire extingushers which should allow for quick access while preventing people from grabbing suplies out of it. I think it’s a good middle ground.

I am going to open up a new topic @thatguy see if we can get some EMT’s to do a class on stabilizing until they arrive.

3 Likes

Not an EMT, but I have taught First Aid for Boy Scouts for years. I’d be happy to do a class. Also perfectly willing to defer to any paramedics that would rather step up.

2 Likes

I’ve got a friend in the business. Chad Mooney at FTW Safety and Industrial Supplies, (817) 246-4518.

Consider it done as soon as I have the size needed for a trauma bag. Also @EthanWestern works for a company that does the fire extinguishers and may be a good resource for the medikit information.

Excellent! Should be in today.

Following up on the orginal questions is there anything that is not in the first aid kits need that they do not have today?

A tricorder. very handy for diagnosing…

6 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have a whole lot of experience with the first aid kits however I can say cintas is also terrible at fire extinguisher maintenance, and I can give a list of good local companies if we are moving away from cintas

1 Like

but not that crappy 23rd century one im talkin 29th century tricorder and maybe an EMH Mk4?

3 Likes

Where is the trauma bag stored? I stitched a banner to add to it.

Right under the first aid kit in the workshop

1 Like

Done.

6 Likes

Thanks @John_Marlow Great work!

2 Likes