Firing Class Availability?

Hello everyone! I just recently took the throwing class and I’ve been trying to find a kiln/firing Class to finish my works…of art? If you can call them that. I dont see anything on the calendar for these classes. Anyone know when one would be popping up?

we do special firings every now and then but no kiln classes your more then welcome to join the firing team if you want to learn that process @Monikat

2 Likes

Sounds to me like you need some info on how to finish your pieces, where to put them to get fired, how to glaze, etc….

Look for 100 series classes to get this information or ask a member in the area to help you understand your next steps.

I’d be happy to help, although my time at the space is limited this week and next. What is the best timing for you to be at the space?

@wizlog @dryad2b @coffeebean can you assist?

1 Like

I can meet at the space this week… now till Wednesday. If that helps. Although i am not good with glazing, i can show you the basics :+1:

1 Like

Who taught your class? Was it Michael? And, how finished are your pieces? Are you happy with them as they are? (Because they’ll be Just Exactly Like That when they come out of the bisque firing.

There’s not so much a class for firing as a location. In a class format, you either get that by taking Ceramics 100 (it’ll be another couple of weeks before the next one I teach), or folks teaching throwing without a prerequisite of Ceramics 100 should be giving you that information. Well, IMHO. (quit laughing. My opinion is indeed humble!)

April (coffeebean) has volunteered some time to show you a couple of things. What times might you be available for a quick blip of the info you need to get your pieces fired? I might be available if she’s not. (Just noted that Monka asked too). Probably better to wait for glazing info until after your piece comes out of the bisque kiln.

1 Like