Fired Arts Open House

For anyone that missed the meeting, our current Open House Schedule is:

11-2 Throwing Demos (@cmcooper0, @Shirley)
2-4 Take Home Pendant Painting (@Julie-Harris)
4-? Throwing Demos (@cmcooper, @Shirley)

If anyone else wants to come up and join us, that’d be most excellent! Julie, could you use a helper?
There is definitely room for more throwers! A couple of us are going to get there early on Saturday to touch up on cleaning (again, many thanks to those who helped with our big effort earlier this month, you rock). If you have anything you’ve made at DMS that you’d like to show off, bring it on up. We can make a safe space to display members finished work.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how popular/busy the painting will be, if it’s really busy I might need help. I also decided to switch from pendants to ornaments - I will have some pendant bisque if anyone wants to glaze them instead of painting or in case we run out of ornaments.

2 Likes

I’ve not worked an open house @ DMS, and never worked with Fired Arts anywhere, but allow me to tell you what I have observed:
it will be VERY popular!
people LOVE to get to DO anything, and pottery (painting, forming, anything, really) will be swamped with people in general, but especially if kids get to touch stuff.

2 Likes

Ornaments, my bad. That’s a great idea!

1 Like

I am willing to throw too. Depends what else is happening. Plug me in as a definite…maybe.

I can see tours, tours, and then more tours.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I cannot help you guys on Saturday (work) but I’m sure y’all do an excellent job at presenting Fired Arts.

2 Likes

I plan to be throwing Saturday.

1 Like

Yay! I’m super excited about that. You are my throwing goals, grin.

Are newbies invited to throw? I need to practice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see why not! We are bumping up on our wheel limit so I can’t make promises, but I like the idea of showing a range of skills. My only caveat would be to remember that this is in the middle of Open House so you are likely to get interrupted a lot, be asked a ton of questions and have grabby little hands inching towards your pot the moment you are looking in the other direction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I have 600 pounds of new clay from the Trinity sale, and my recent travels. . I can wait to try all of these different clay bodies, Black Onyx whooped my tail today. 5 fails and 1 I think might make the cut. But, I learned a lot about this clay body today.