Fired Arts Committee Meeting - Thurs 7/6/17 @ 8:45

Is it possible to replace a kiln sitter with an electronic controller? If so, sue would be willling
to donate her kiln to us, Its only issue was the kiln sitter lost a part when she gave it away, and it
was missing when it came back (the new owner passed away before she had a chance to sue it)

Yeah, but itā€™s fricking expensive. If Sue also wishes to buy the $500 kit, sure. Otherwise, no. And ā€“ that was the kit for a small kiln. We quit bidding on a kiln when the price went over $300, just for reference.

2 Likes

Basically. Itā€™s almost like building a new kiln to convert. That said, if itā€™s not a total pos I can float it out to my teachers association

Ladies remind me to bring up the bisque I have for open house. Itā€™s a random assortment but may help cut down on the amount of pendants needed. If not Iā€™ll start parsing it out to freebie

Works for me! Thatā€™s 10/7.

As for the kiln, itā€™s Cairenn that keeps trying to give away Sueā€™s kiln. Iā€™m not so sure Sueā€™s that ready to get rid of it.

She mentioned it the other night to me, It is a real nice kiln
fires to cone 10,

Sue will be around more, she is joining soon, maybe already

Beth, will get a chuckle from this, She said :ā€œfirst the SCA, and now Majersace
m I keep letting yo drag me into groups!ā€

That would be great! Thank you :slight_smile:

We already have 2 kilns that will fire to Cone 10, and theyā€™re newer than hers. Do you think sheā€™ll give it to Mrs. Mooseā€™s group?

She might be willing to, She is not using it

I will have to ask her about it

If she wanted to fire some cone 10 items, what
would she need to do? They are already bisqued
have been for many uears

Haha by ā€œgroupā€ you mean the DFW Art Teachers Begginā€™ parade then yes. Shoot me some pics and specs and I"ll see if thereā€™s takers. Some districts get real funny and some donā€™t care.

FWIW I fixed up our wheel at campus for about $150. Guy gave it to us because he didnā€™t know how to replace the drive shaft :laughing:

2 Likes