Fimo/Sculpey donation (2022/10/14) Ideas?

Creative Arts has gotten a sizable donation of polymer clay. So – I need ideas. What would you like to see in a class? We’ve got equipment, and quite a bit of the clay.

Or, we could just have a “Come play with polymer clay” day??

5 Likes

skinner blends

Takes a fair amount of clay to do that.

Sounds good. I shall work on that.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to make millifiori for a number of reasons.

You can also COOK it and then turn it on a lathe to make a pen or other objects.

1 Like

Once we make skinner blends, we can make either flowers, or journal covers I suppose.

1 Like

Yes, canes would be a fun project, too!

1 Like

Making canes sounds really interesting, I have some extra rollers. I know this post was over a month ago, but I thought I would chime in. Creative Arts is in my wheelhouse.

1 Like

I’d like a come and play, an intro to polymer, modeling, or milifore class. Going on vacay next week, but open to new classes.

I’ve had my fair share of experience with polymer clay, skinner blends, beads and the likes in the past, including making them into pens etc. I’ll get a class on the schedule for the week after next. Here are a few pieces that were made from scraps (the good pieces have gone on to their forever homes)

6 Likes

Class submitted, it should appear in 48 hours. Hope to see everyone there!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/18869

@coloneldan We can totally talk about turning pens with polymer clay if you can make the class! :smile:

We’ll have to soften up the clay. I bought the stuff to do that.

That sounds like a fun class. I wish I was free. Make sure to post pictures in Show and Tell. I want to see the results.

Will do

We’ll find another time to go over it Cary :smiley:

1 Like

I’m in the same spot as Cary. Would love to take it but will be in an airport.

1 Like

@John_Marlow @CaryF300 What date would work best for you both? I’ll put another class up on the calendar

1 Like

11/14 or 11/17 would work great for me.

1 Like

11/14 is best for me.

1 Like

No problem, added a class for you both (and hopefully others!) on Monday

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/18869

3 Likes

Sadly I’m out of town that entire week.

Chris, we will get together at some point. Throw me a message when you’re next in town

1 Like