Filming a 30 second clip in front of the green screen

Does anyone have experience with this?

I have a lot of editor friends, so imposing the green screen footage isn’t a problem.

I need help filming an actress in front of the green screen for about 30 seconds - help! :smiley:

Are you looking for advice, or are you looking for a DMS member to help you use the DMS facilities?

Try to get a camera with 4:4:4 color sampling. Most consumer video cameras are 4:2:0 which is difficult to use for chromakeying. Or record a higher resolution than you need and down sample if it’s 4:2:0 on the camera.

both! looking for more information and would love help from members :slight_smile:

thank you so much!

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:Digital_Media

It seems the question in this thread is “how can i get access to the cameras in the digital media lab?” the answer is not contained in the wiki

tagging @Team_Digital_Media

Nooooo, that is not at all the question in this thread. DPs and Cinematographers are very good at what they do and I would much rather hire and delegate. I can direct in Dallas if I can cast an actress locally, if not, I’ll just get a hold of all of my industry friends from when I worked as an agent in LA and virtually direct.

so you’re looking to hire a camera operator and actress? what’s the pay rate?

Just search chromakey on
YouTube. There are a ton of tutorials on how to do this in premiere pro. It’s super straightforward and easy to do nowadays

Just make sure you stretch the screen well to get large wrinkles out and light the screen separately from the subject with 6 foot minimum distance between the actress and screen.

Easy peasy

Thanks! This helps me a lot!