Festool Kapex Miter Saw - Why did DMS get it?

The incra was and is still functional when taken out of service, in fact I remember being a strong opponent to not taking it out of service and replacing it with the table we have now

And yea unfortunately that comes with the territory of being a learning facility, talk to any art college or trade school and ask if they never have anything broken! Yea it sucks that things get destroyed but it shouldnā€™t be viewed as reason to withdraw input into those areas! Yes it suck to have things destroyed but if people learn things along the way then itā€™s a necessary trade off IMO! I mean after all thatā€™s what weā€™re founded to do, not turn a clean bottom line! To facilitate teaching

I agree. Iā€™ve been thinking about taking the Bosch to a repair center locally to have it PMd/ serviced to see if anything is actually wrong with it.

Chris, Iā€™m not talking about the Incra router fence. Iā€™m talking about the Incra miter gauge/crosscut fence for the table saw. It is trashed. It is missing screws and has been totally abused. This is well beyond inexperience. This type of damage requires deliberate indifference.

Oh thatā€™s the one I use most often just because itā€™s the only in you can adjust the distance away from the cutting source. But yes the teeth where 0 is have been eroded but as long as you manually find 0 and lock it it itā€™s still my preferred go to!! But I 100% agree with you, although itā€™s been here as long as I have so making it 3 years and itā€™s still functionally useable is a feat at the space