Fees not obvious on class

That description is input by the individual teachers… there is no way that the volunteers working the calendar system will be able to police that.

6 Likes

Is one more click that difficult?

Is another thread on this topic necessary? It’s been beaten to death these past weeks. Wish we could stop resurrecting it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Because I don t want to get a charge without knowing how
much it is.
Is it too hard to ask folks to include that if they use Eventbright?
The way it is set up you have to register for the class before
you ever learn the fee. That seems wrong to me,

Folks I have never used Evenbright, so I have no idea how
it works, I have run into things that just grabbed the a
Paypal account and charged it, when I wanted to use
my Debit card, It was surprise, that was only a $19
fee but at least I knew the fee first,

Is the event form one that someone has access to the code? What about a new line on the form when making an event for FEE right under “class or event title.”

If there’s a fee then there’s room for an amount, if there’s no fee, then the answer is “No.”

This is as clearly as I can describe what I ran into. It’s by using the OPs event:

Registration

Cost: Free

vs

1. Admission is $10, Pay in advance…

It’s really easy to push that green button to register after the word “free” and then find out later you need to pay.

1 Like

Actually, good news is, if the instructor didn’t happen to add that cost detail specifically in the text of the description, if considering a class you can click on the eventbrite link and hop over and check cost and other details there WITHOUT paying/registering. It doesn’t charge you until you complete the registration/transaction on the eventbrite site.

2 Likes

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I checked into a few things.

1.) A user can not update anything to do with the attendance or cost once the class has been submitted.
2.) The admins can modify number of people that can attend but they shouldn’t.
3.) An admin cannot change something from free to an eventbrite listing and vice versa, but they do have the ability to update an eventbrite link.
4.) I did find a glitch in my testing that if you copy a class that has an eventbrite and change your new class to free it will still show as having an eventbrite link. I have submitted for this to be fixed.

Really an instructor should be using eventbrite, we have made that possible. They should also throw something in the “Special Considerations” area to make sure that when someone signs up they have to check that they read what is in the “Special Considerations” area.

It’s not perfect but you can’t please everyone.

9 Likes

Thats too much like right…

Add the dotted line to eventbrite…

2 Likes

I believe she said she edited the cut off time. I looked to see if edits are public like the wiki, but they are not.

If I blew through the Evenbrite, so be it. The error documented in the OPs original concern still exists.

I’ll let it go. There’s beer to be had, but there’s a flaw in a system that allows “free” to stand above a green button and the actual cost to be in gray type in the description.

For what it’s worth, I’m finding this flawed, but not with the system which allows it. Though amending that system may be the only way to fix it.
In the class in question, I wonder (rhetorically, I suppose) why the host is requesting direct Paypal instead of working within the design? I have to confess, with all the red flags in that event, I would never even consider attending, regardless of “admission fees” or other costs.

1 Like

It’s not an error. It’s simply the lack of a feature.

3 Likes