Fees in Eventbright

I complained recently that some of the Evenrbright
classes did not include the fee, I was tolks that I just need
to click through and I wold see the fee,

I just signed for the Craft Show Success and guess what?
I still have no freaking idea how much it was,
It didn t ask for CC # or Paypal, I guess it just
charged the account I use for my dues,

Folks I find this to be a problem, I really like to know how
much something is before I buy it

We need to have folks add the fee to the class posting

What is the link for the class?

The price of 15 dollars is visible in the “About this Event” section of the calendar post and very visible when I follow the eventbrite link. Clicking “Tickets” in eventbrite then takes you to where you pay and again says $15. If you only did the calendar reservation you havent paid for the class. It states this in the “considerations” section of the calendar post. So you’ll want to make sure you’ve done both steps.

2 Likes

Here’s the link… https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2077

Anyone else having trouble?

1 Like

Ok, I see the problem, It is at the end of the Eventbright
link, Since I can not see an entire line, I didn knot to
look there for it,

Now I know, but it is not in a real obvious place for me

I really don t expect a link to have the class fee in it, I gues
that is way Eventbright does it, but could we ask that
folks place in in more obvious locations

And now I owe my huby $15

I was hoping to use my debit card on it, oh well,

It’s at the beginning of the very long “About this Event” section with all the details of what the class covers, and somewhat stands out in black text after the link in blue. I’d say that along with everything on eventbrite is sufficiently informative, but just fyi calendar system updates were discussed at the recent board meeting which covered making costs more visible. I’d recommend reading that part of the minutes from Sunday’s meeting if you’re interested.

1 Like

I guess it is just my bad eyes, Now I know where to look

I have to magnify it 500% and by then the black greys out
and doesn t show up well,

My fault, sorry

2 Likes

I know this isn’t exactly the topic but it seems there have been a few incidents of people having issues with fees on classes etc. Would anyone disagree that it might be excellent to just put for example: Karl’s Epic Programming Class [$10] in the title or Karl’s Epic Programming Class [Free] in the title of the calendar posts? Unless we are hiding the fees for some reason, which I am sure we are not I don’t see a reason for secrecy in pricing.

5 Likes

No secrecy at all… It has actually been discussed. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cool, sorry for the rehash.

1 Like

No worries! :slight_smile:

Yes this pretty much exactly was talked about at the board meeting and it sounds like the calendar coders will be working on it soon now that it’s in github. :slight_smile: Here’s a post Dwight made about it…

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/calendar-coders/18741/9

I don’t see this on the calendar. Where do I sign up? :smiley:

I am testing golang class on @Dianna in the coming days and will schedule it soon :slight_smile: it will be [Free]