February ceramics classes... 2022

So I was looking to see what we’ve got coming up for classes, and the ceramics category has zero classes coming up.

So… “Handbuild a thing” on Feb 27?? That sound good?

4 Likes

I’m sure you will get students if you post it. I haven’t decided on my February classes yet but there will be some posted.

I thought you were going to post a carving class soon?

1 Like

I just put up some classes yesterday for end of January/ Early February…

3 Likes

Well, that’s more advanced. Actually, since y’all are going to do some classes, I can go ahead and make that the sgraffito (carving) class.

I just had the thought that, if there wasn’t anything, I should go basic.

And what’s up with the folks that were teaching throwing? I have done it, but my throwing sucks, so I hate to do it.

1 Like

As I said, my classes aren’t up yet. Throwing will be one of them.

Glazing, slip casting, and hand building were the last three so throwing is next in the rotation.

2 Likes

I don’t feel comfortable right now teaching throwing since I’ve taken so much time off. Are we in need of a Glaze 101 (edit: 103) style class? If so that’s simple enough I don’t mind trying to put one on the schedule once I can find a day that I’m good.

That would be a good thing. I’m moderately sure that we didn’t have one in January, so there’s probably a fair amount of need for the class.

12/31 was the last glazing class. We can always use more :slight_smile: Let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

2 Likes

Sure, I will PM you to not clutter this thread : )

This morning’s throwing class I had to cancel as I had to travel for work suddenly so there is a slot available

I have a Ceramics 100 coming up on Saturday for anyone wanting to learn about the Ceramics workspace : )

4 Likes

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been taking a small break, but I will be posting a 2 part throwing class to make a mug that will cover throwing, trimming, and using an extruder the week of the 21st :hugs:

5 Likes

If someone cancels and there is an opening, please let me know! I’m very interested in this class. I’ll also keep my eyes open for the next one!

2 Likes

Will do! I don’t know if you haven’t noticed already, but the next classes are posted for March 8th & 11th

1 Like