Favorite Fast Food Burger Establishment

Continuing the discussion from Wendy's Restaurant has published an RPG!:

So in the thread @HankCowdog brought up, I thought about what’s your Fast Food Burger place? I know I cant remember the last time I ate at Wendy’s, same can be said for Sonic for me. Burger King isn’t too much further out there either. I had it I think some point last year. My Favorite is probably Whataburger.

• Whataburger
  • McDonald’s
  • Burger King
  • Jack in the Box
  • Sonic
  • Wendy’s
  • In & Out
  • Burger Street
  • Dairy Queen
  • Hardee’s
  • Carls Jr.
  • White Castle
  • Krystals
  • Culver’s
  • Five Guys
  • Burgers, Who’s eats burgers?
  • I dont eat fast food burgers

0 voters

Twisted Root or nothing.

I’d consider them more sit down & eat. Kinda like Fuddruckers.

Burger wise, I like making my own. I chop up fresh Jalapeños & mix it in with the meat on my burger before it joins the Weber.

I did in the past make some with homemade potato skins as the bun, That was good… hmm sounds like I may make that for dinner.

Of those I gotta go with Whataburger. Not sure if Shake Shack is too fancy to qualify but that’s my real favorite.

1 Like

Original Tommy’s World Famous Hamburgers.

https://www.originaltommys.com/

You did not say it had to be local…

1 Like

Of the list, Five Guys would be my choice for seeking out a burger. That being said, convenience wins out most of time, so I’d select from “what’s on the way.”

Sonic, Whatburger, and Wendy’s would be my short list.

Krystals, Jack in the Box, Hardees/Carl’s Jr (same company, IIRC) would be on my “we can keep driving” list.

TBH, I’ve never had In and Out, Burger Street, or White Castle, so other than hype I have no opinion.

Edit: Sonic would be high on my list, but I’d get a Supersonic Breakfast Burrito - not a burger.

1 Like

Yeah – all day breakfast wins out over burgers for me most times…

2 Likes

Fresh White Castle is on my Bucket List. Ive had Krystals when they were here in DFW.

I would put Five Guys on the “sit down” list along with Scotty P’s, Mooya, Twisted Root, etc. No drive-thru.

Personally, I find Whataburgers somewhat over-rated. Or maybe it’s just the Whataburger restaurants in my 'hood… Wendy’s wins for me by virtue of their fries.

1 Like

I guess it would have to be called a fast food Burger since there is no sit-down place in the tiny little building but there is a tiny Burger Spot in Oak Cliff called windmills burgers and breakfast that has the most fabulous Burgers I’ve ever encountered. The single Patty bacon cheeseburger is huge. I believe it has five slices of deep-fried 6 sliced bacon on it and I guess you into a freshly pressed Penny. That’s right you see the guy grab a chunk of meat off and press it down on the grill. It’s tiny it’s in one of the old Diner type locations there’s about room for four people to wait inside and it’s not exactly fast because there’s always such a line they recommend you call ahead. It’s down on Beckley in Oak Cliff but look up some reviews on them they are amazing.

Not sure how this one didn’t make the cut, but I promise you it’s top 5 EASY in the fast food category!!! https://www.braums.com/menus/bacmushswiss/

1 Like

Yep I missed Braums.

Dallas specifically: Keller’s.

Edit: this song is now stuck in my head again

2 Likes