Fair price/mechanic in Carrollton farmers branch area?

If someone at DMS has the time and are willing to help me do it, I would gladly accept the help. If not I’m just trying to gauge what a not ridiculous price is to have someone else do it and see if there’s anyone around me that falls in to that category. Parents want to get it done so I’m going to take care of it either way but my intention isn’t to start an argument over anything.

Nate,

I’ll send you a PM with my number and we can work out a date/time and Ill help you.

1 Like

I’m not a honda(insert any other asian car) or jeep person - but most European makes usually have a interval of 2 or more years.
Subaru last I checked was 3 years.

This info and more can be found in the least read book ever printed - the automobile’s owner’s manual (a tragic waste of paper).

To each their own - I am sure there are folks that still live in the dark and believe that all “motor oil” is the “same” or that the world is flat.

Similarly I have very little working familiarity with European cars, just that they seem to involve 8 times the complexity for, at best 10% better functionality.

Looked through a Subaru service manual, though- you’re right on the 3-year interval. I did have an Outback, for all of 8 months, but it was purchased used and didn’t have an owner’s manual; must have glazed over the brake fluid replacement, though in my defense the fluid in the car was in good shape. That said, it really isn’t in any of the schedules for the myriad other cars I’ve owned, so go figure.

All the same, if it’s not recommended by the manufacturer, it’s probably overkill. Or, in Subaru’s case, it’s recommended because it’s overkill, and you thought there was some secret to Subaru reliability. Anyway we’re both kind of preaching to the same choir here- my day-one maintenance for any car I buy involves replacing all the fluids per manufacturer recommended spec. Just, not to the extent of flushing them out actively- that’s usually not part of the spec.

One of the most. :frowning:
Got question about your car RTFM. :smiley:

The only car ive ever bought with a user manual was my 94 Mazda B2200, of course I made sure to take it out and throw it away before I sold it :wink:

Just kidding.

I thought those were booklets full of napkins the dealership provided

Complimentary toilet paper