Fabric Sale - April 15, 9AM - 2PM

I’m a member of the Plano American Sewing Guild (help with their kids’ sewing classes). I thought some here might be interested in this upcoming fabric sale:

Plano Farmers Market
Willow Bend Mall

Saturday, April 15 - 9AM-2PM

Loads of fabrics—silks from Paris, velvets, linen, high quality rayons and cottons along with many fabric origins unknown! All for $1.00, $2.00 or $5.00 per yard. And notions from 10 cents to 50 cents each. AND plenty of scrap fabric and opened notions for FREE!

I usually volunteer at the tent, but won’t be able to go this year. My daughter and I have found some really nice fabric for almost nothing at these sales. The fabric is donated to the chapter by people who no longer need it, and the money made during the weekend helps to fund chapter programs. Anything under one yard has been free in the past. Plan to spend some time. If it’s anything like past years, there will be a lot to look through. Go early for best selection because lots of people show up then. Go later if you don’t want to dig through piles of stuff and be surrounded by people doing the same.

7 Likes

Do you know if the booth will be indoors or outdoors?

It’s been outdoors in the past so I would guess outdoors?

1 Like

I’m going to cross-post to the local SCA Discord…

1 Like

The Dallas Modern Quilt Guild is having their destash sale at ‘Not your momma’s quilt store’ on 4/15, too!

Thank you so much for posting this. Have been searching for some specialty fabrics for a while. This sounds so much like the place to find them? Will definitely be there.

Liz

1 Like

You’re welcome. I don’t know what they have this time, but there is usually a big rush at the beginning as people dig through piles of fabric. Hope you find something you like!

Just a heads up…supposedly the market at Willowbend is in a different spot tomorrow. Circle the mall…but i think it is closer to the tollway side.

Just saw this posted on the ASG Plano facebook page:

Happy Friday, Sewists & Quilters! One Day Left! Our Farmers Market Fabric Sale is scheduled for TOMORROW at the Willowbend Mall in Plano from 9AM to 2PM. Loads of fabrics—silks from Paris, velvets, linen, high quality rayons and cottons along with many fabric origins unknown! All for $1.00, $2.00 or $5.00 per yard. And notions from 10 cents to 50 cents each. AND plenty of scrap fabric and opened notions for FREE! Please tell your family and friends. We don’t want to take anything back to the storage unit! We will be accepting payments in cash, credit card, and check. Come out and see us! Please note that the location is in the outdoor parking lot, near the Plano Parkway/Chapel Hill entrance of the mall.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting, got there late, but was still able to score some lace and silk for excellent (some free) prices.

2 Likes