Evolution saw work clamping

So I know we have discussed in the relative recent past about clamping on the Evolution saw. It was mentioned to use some 80/20 rail. Well we just so happened to have some 80/20 rail fall into our laps.

My time has been somewhat limited lately as I’m juggling many projects. Would anyone care to look/find some clamps that can work with 80/20 rails? I did a very brief search while at lunch but got a lot of the google dumb stuff. IE it seems like the searching has been setback 15–20 years. I’d really like to get this off the to do list. As well as the oops I forgot list.

1 Like

What sort of clamp do you want?
Many of the 80/20 parts use 1/4-20 as a standard.

The easier for the end user, the better. Obviously we will want it to actually clamp, not just kinda sit there & look like its clamping. We already have that situation. I’m quite honestly surprised more parts haven’t been thrown in the more recent times.

Not sure why this is an issue. We have lots of clamps in the shop. The rollerway has a good fence along the back. I usually just clamp to that or to parts of the saw guide itself.

Never had aproblem.