ETL tools to migrate Mainframe VSAM data into Cassandra and vice versa

I am working on a requirement to keep data in Mainframe VSAM and Cassandra DB in Sync, in near real time, bidirectional.
Did anyone work or know of this scenario. What tools were used to implement this setup?

by Mainframe VSAM do you mean IBM’s Virtual Storage Access Method?

If that’s the case i’d suspect then one would use JCL to get the datasets (files) then use cql to insert that as a blob into cassandra and vise versa.

Don’t know what you mean about Sync and I doubt any “real time” (ie less than .15ms) could be achieved here.

Both the system would be used simultaneously and the mainframe will be phased out once the business certifies that every thing is fine with the new mS based systems which uses CassandraDB. So any changes done in either of the system should be replicated in near real time.

dev/random: Years ago I did some synchronized work with Websphere MQ (aka MQSeries) as the transport though it was SQL DB off the mainframe, not Casandra, and it was a few seconds for updates to propagate in either direction. This was fast enough for that application though, which was transnational in nature.