Error codes on Hypertherm plasma cutter

I encountered several error codes on the hypertherm plasma cutter last night. The cutter was losing connection after two or three cuts here is a picture of the error code.

IMG_7348.pdf (1.8 MB)

In addition I briefly witnessed a 0-90 error.

After powering down the unit, unplugging it and restarting the dynatorch, the plasma cutter regained connection and I was able to finish the cut.

1 Like

IIRC O-91 is a startup with the torch signal already on (don’t have a manual in front of me)
When the machine first faulted, the dynatorch might have not turned the torch arc transfer signal back to low. When the hyperthem comes back online, it sees the torch on signal during startup and that itself is a fault. To fix this does not require restarting the Dynatorch, but rather you can manually turn off that signal though the I/O indicators and control at the top of the Dynatorch software.

2 Likes

Got it! thank you Jim!

Did you take the consumables out with the machine on?

Yes I may have checked the consumables with the hypertherm unit on the first time. Subsequent attempts to complete the cut I did not check the consumables turned the hypertherm off then on again to clear error light. I’d then get a cut or two before the error in the photo would occur. I then turned the hypertherm off then on again to clear error light. I finally shut everything down and unplugged the hypertherm. After a minute or two I plugged it back in then restarted the dynatorch and hypertherm. The cut job finished the last 10 cuts without another error.

I double checked the photo, that O-51 in the photo is definitely “Start/trigger signal on at power up”

Not sure about the O-90 you mentioned then.