Epson out of photo paper - no printing right now

@pandabob has been informed - he’s on it. But as of now we have no large format printing.

Does the new system have an option for your own paper? I bought a roll months ago.

Is it Epson Photo Paper? If so that’s fine. I would include a note to Steve so when he goes over the prints vs. $ put into the donation bin he knows it’s a non-charge. It would be nice if you kicked a couple of bucks towards the cost of the ink I would think.
Steve (@pandabob) is still manning the printers as of this minute - they aren’t officially under the wing of CA.
But with this new roll of photo paper the printer/costs/fees will now be under the wing of CA and he will be billing us.

Do know the printer has software on it that tracks printing.

1 Like

The tool status board shows the Epson printer 7880 as being Green and operational. I changed it to red (consumables status). When it’s back up please post and I will update the status board.

1 Like

At one time there was a specific price posted for the ink when you use your own paper, i.e., confirming that ink isn’t free. I think it was about half of the price that includes photo paper. Is that still posted on the machine?

Printing in your own paper isn’t free. It’s $0.50/sq ft.

Technically it’s not down when it’s out of paper. There should be some
letter sized photo paper up there ($1/sheet) that people can still print on
and anyone with their own paper would be fine. Is there a way to better
mark that it’s simply out of roll paper?

-Steve

Ok I updated the tool status - FYI I’ve been in communication with an HP fixer - we are going to get it looked at and see the cost on fixing it. I’m done dragging my feet.

2 Likes

Now Nicole you need to

2 Likes