EPSON 7880 and 11880 Status - Meh

@missydee1206@mreynolds

1 Like

YAS! I would would go back to working with the 7880 a ton if it was up and running. I wouldn’t mind trying the other printer as well.

I was under the impression that both printers have been set to be sold, and will be replaced with the HP Latex printer/cutter unit, which makes the discussion of resurrecting them for DMS use somewhat moot.

Since getting the new one has stalled, we may as well get some use from what we have.

1 Like

Creative Arts has decided as a committee to move forward with selling the existing printers. It is our understanding that efforts to fix the printers will be a waste of time as they will be back to a non working status quite quickly.

If the price is reasonable, and @seanbrown72 is willing to put in the effort, we would win in selling a fully functional printer.

Plus Sean’s idea of a daily print will flush the nozzles and keep it working.

Sean- how much do these carts cost? @pandabob put in a lot of work keeping the printers going for a long time.

4 Likes

The cleaning carts aren’t too bad. https://www.amazon.com/Epson-Stylus-7880-Cleaning-Cartridges/dp/B006Z2BW1I

I’m not trying to fight city hall on this. I hear rumors of a new Latex ink photo printer and that would serve my purposes almost as well. I mostly just wanted to express a willingness to help, and the desire to be able to print large Digital Photos.

8 Likes

paging @missydee1206 and @mreynolds

245 seems like a fair price. esp compared to a new machine.

@pandabob said there’s still some life in the machine and @seanbrown72 is willing to put in the work.

1 Like